Thursday, December 3, 2015

Is #932 The James Richmond Who Was Michel's Ancestor?


A Richmond descendant, Michel Boisvert, is searching for more information about his "lost" James Richmond.

His most recent e-mail:

I'd like to ask everyone to bring to my attention any lost James Richmond or absent from United States between 1802-1810.  I am a descendant of a James Richmond who got married in Trois-Rivières  (Quebec) in 1802. His parents are not identified in the marriage record.  By Y-DNA testing, I am related somehow to Richmond of Taunton, MA.
thanks for your help.


Per another e-mail:  

I have worked on a James Richmond living at Baie-du-Febvre, Quebec, between 1802-1810.   We don't know where he came from, or what happened to him after 1810.  I believe it is James 932 of Joshua book, but I have no proof.    A descendant has been Y-DNA tested and was found  as a relative of John Richmond 1594-1664.


From the Richmond family book:

932. James Richmond 6 (James 5, Sylvester 4, Ebenezer 3, John 2, John 1).  James married in Canada.  Nothing has been heard of him since the War of 1812, and nothing is known of his descendants.





There may be a connection to LaCrosse County, Wisconsin.

Update from Michel's newest e-mail:

...important details...he was between 1762 and 1784. I cannot tell if, in 1810 after the death of his wife,  he also died in Quebec or if gave his 2 kids in adoption and took off.

I already looked to Joshua Bailey's book and I have 2-3 possibilities. Maybe the one I am looking for is not in the book. 





No comments: