Revolutionary War Service Records New York Van Ness' Regiment, Individual, R, Richmond, Edward, included a letter from Mr. J. M. McLaughlin:
|Archived At Fold3|
The Van Ness' Regiment of Militia was also known as the 9th Albany County Militia Regiment.
Question: Does the above record belong to this Edward Richmond?
937. EDWARD RICHMOND(6) (Edward 5, Benjamin 4, Edward 3, Edward 2, John 1) was born in Spencertown, N.Y., about 1770 , and died in Steuben County, N.Y., December 30, 1856. He married Huldah (Polly) ______, who died in Herkimer, N.Y., aged forty years. They resided in Oneida, N.Y. He served in the Revolutionary War.
*2456. Elijah (7), born in 1778; married Elizabeth Fowler, --
*Elijah is my ancestor
2456a. James(7), born in 1791; married Sarah Cartwright
2457. Ebenezer(7), born Dec. 26, 1793; married Louisa Gott
2458. Edward(7), born March 23, 1796
2459. Peleg(7), born about 1800.
2460. Rebecca(7), married Gershom Truesdale
2461. Ruth, married John Painter of Herkimer County, N.Y.
Answer: The McLaughlin's thought so:
Mrs. Irene Richmond Mclaughlin.
DAR ID Number: 161390
Born in Benson County, N. Dak.
Wife of J. M. McLaughlin.
Descendant of Edward Richmond, as follows:
1. Edward L. Richmond (b. 1868) m. 1894 Irene Spencer.
2. Jacob L. Richmond (b. 1836) m. Rose Long (b. 1844).
3. Edward Richmond, Jr. (1796-1861), m. ?.
4. Edward Richmond m. Huldah Polly ?. Edward Richmond (1760-1856) served as private in Capt. Joshua Whiting's company, Col. Peter Van Ness' regiment, Albany County, New York militia. He was born in Spencertown; died in Steuben County, N.Y. The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 162 page 122.