IRA P. RICHMOND, proprietor of livery stable, and dealer in real estate, Genoa Junction; he was born in the town of Wayne, Steuben Co., N.Y., Dec. 5, 1825; he removed to the town of Conesus, Livingston Co., with his parents when he was a child; he came to Walworth Co., October, 1847, and bought a farm on Sec. 33, town of Bloomfield, which he afterward sold, and bought on Sec. 16; this farm, containing 250 acres, he still owns; has also a farm on Sec. 8 of 160 acres; he retired from farming in the spring of 1880, and came to the village and established the livery business. His wife was Miss L. M. Clary, a daughter of Aurelius Clary. Mrs. Richmond was born in Herkimer Co., N.Y., and came to Hebron, Ill., in 1845. Mr. and Mrs. Richmond have two children--Ida F. and Melville M.; they lost two sons and one daughter in infancy. The parents of Mr. R., Elijah and Elizabeth Richmond, came here in 1855, where they resided until their death.
[Published in 1882; Page 850 - see Index of Names here]