Sunday, February 24, 2008

Death Certificate of Almina Langworthy

Almina (Richmond) Langworthy was the sister of my ancestress, Cynthia (Richmond) More, and the daughter of Thomas P. & Laura (Backus) Richmond. Cynthia's death record (1912 in Lapeer Co., Michigan) did not list her parents, so I sent for Almina's death certificate hoping that parents would be listed. It was a partial victory - however since I was trying to prove relationship to Laura BACKUS, listing the record as "Laura Balkins" was frustrating, especially since I mentioned that her parents were Thomas Richmond and Laura Backus. I now need to see the original, handwritten entry to see if it reads "Backus" to me.

Almina (Richmond) Backus is a Mayflower descendant through her mother, Laura Backus, to Constance Hopkins (and of course, Stephen Hopkins).

Her death record from Mecosta Co., Michigan:

No comments: